Saturday, March 17, 2012

Arrived Safely

It is 4:00pm yesterday on my internal clock, but 1:30 in the morning in Chennai.  Customs was a little bit of a busy place, and the hotel seemed to only be able to put 3 of the 5 of us in a car.  Once we got that straightened out, things went much more smoothly.  So far everyone has been very nice and accomodating.  At check-in I met a group of 4 students from Michigan's business school who are also going to Aravind tomorrow.



The math for exchange is pretty easy.  The 1000 note is a little more than 20 dollars, and the 10 is about 21 cents.  Technically, the exchange rate is 46 rupees to the dollar, but the rounding error is a little too much for  me to deal with on 24 hours of travel.  I will note that despite the small seats on the plane, the Lufthansa food and service were great.




My room is plenty comfortable...and I'm headed right to bed. More pictures and updates when I wake up.

No comments: